I have decided to take myself on in the most extreme way for 30 days (and possibly longer since I actually started preparing for this project a week ago and the effects are already clear). What’s the project? Living the Manifesto. That’s right I will be taking on lululemon’s Manifesto like it’s going out of style (which it won’t. don’t worry). What does this mean? well, I will be scaring a lot of people (including myself), sweating at least once a day and pushing myself to exceed my own expectations (and the odd self-imposed limitations). More importantly I will be blogging about it daily so you can follow my challenges and share (and perhaps point out) my learnings for the entire month of August.
Let the count down begin! send in your suggestions…challenge me, test me, urge me to do something you’ve always wanted to do and have never tried. From the Grind to stand-up paddle boarding to taking that photography course that you (and I) have put off for 4 years…let’s go on a journey.
My Challenge for you! (cuz you know I’m not doing this alone…)
This is for you. This is for me. Let’s jump-start our lives together (if I can do it anyone can). For those of you who would like to challenge yourself send me your setbacks, your learnings your stories, your pictures (make sure you include the manifesto that you are focussing on!)! Let’s do this together and put it out there for the world to see! Better yet..Meet me there! I will be formulating a plan…letting you know where I’ll be and invite you all to kick yourself into a life you absolutely love! Live in possibility, let this be the start to your best life.
PS feel free to leave running out of your suggestions..for those of you that know me it remains my biggest fear and due to overwhelming response I have decided to ‘Run’ for 4 times a week for the month of August. You have your wish.
the lululemon manifesto
- Drink FRESH water and as much water as you can. Water flushes unwanted toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp.
- A daily hit of athletic-induced endorphins gives you the power to make better decisions, helps you be at peace with yourself, and offsets stress.
- Do one thing a day that scares you.
- Listen, listen, listen, and then ask strategic questions.
- Write down your short and long-term GOALS four times a year. Two personal, two business and two health goals for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. Goal setting triggers your subconscious computer.
- Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks.
- Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.
- That which matters the most should never give way to that which matters the least.
- Stress is related to 99% of all illness.
- Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.
- The world is changing at such a rapid rate that waiting to implement changes will leave you 2 steps behind. DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW!
- Friends are more important than money.
- Breathe deeply and appreciate the moment. Living in the moment could be the meaning of life.
- Take various vitamins. You never know what small mineral can eliminate the bottleneck to everlasting health.
- Don’t trust that an old age pension will be sufficient.
- Visualize your eventual demise. It can have an amazing effect on how you live for the moment.
- The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought.
- Live near the ocean and inhale the pure salt air that flows over the water, Vancouver will do nicely.
- Observe a plant before and after watering and relate these benefits to your body and brain.
- Practice yoga so you can remain active in physical sports as you age.
- Dance, sing, floss and travel.
- Children are the orgasm of life. Just like you did not know what an orgasm was before you had one, nature does not let you know how great children are until you have them.
- Successful people replace the words “wish”, “should” and “try” with “I will”.
- Creativity is maximized when you’re living in the moment.
- Nature wants us to be mediocre because we have a greater chance to survive and reproduce. Mediocre is as close to the bottom as it is to the top, and will give you a lousy life.
- lululemon athletica creates components for people to live longer, healthier and more fun lives. If we can produce products to keep people active and stress-free, we believe the world will become a much better place.
- Do not use cleaning chemicals on your kitchen counters. Someone will inevitably make a sandwich on your counter.
- SWEAT once a day to regenerate your skin.
- Communication is COMPLICATED. We are all raised in a different family with slightly different definitions of every word. An agreement is an agreement only if each party knows the conditions for satisfaction and a time is set for satisfaction to occur.
- What we do to the earth we do to ourselves.
- The pursuit of happiness is the source of all unhappiness.